Dance School Management Software - The Big Picture
There are lots of software options for management of your dance studio, ranging from excel spreadsheets, to online scheduling services, to payment collection companies. I believe that if your goal is to make studio management a simple and effective process, and free yourself up for the fun things, like teaching, that give you your energy, then Integration is the answer.
I hear stories constantly about lost customers, and lost revenues, simply because the slip of paper that was supposed to be entered in Quickbooks went missing!
So how does Integration help, you ask? Here are just a few of the ideas that can save you time and increase customer satisfaction and your revenue:
- Website-Admin System Integration:
- Add an instructor and they are automatically featured on your website
- A class fills and the website directs interested customers to contact you instead of register
- Customer enrolls and their Account Receivable is updated with charges and payments, future payments are scheduled, they are added to the roster report, they get a confirmation, and they are on your email list
- A potential customer asks for info on your website, and they are automatically included in your future marketing mailings
- Customer looking for a private lesson can reserve a timeslot based on your teacher(s) and room(s) availability
- Customers manage their own changes to contact information
- and many more...
- Accounting - Class Roster integration:
- Enrollments, drops and changes automatically update customer accounts
- Payments are scheduled and collected based on actual class/lesson enrollments
- Customers can manage their own accounts and credit cards
- Mailing - Admin integration
- All customers and prospects automatically available for bulk emails
- Easy to select customer "enrolled in X" or "with a student eligible for class Y"
- and more...
Basically, it boils down to one key idea. You have a set of tasks to do every day to keep your school or studio running smoothly. Integration gives you one place to do it effectively, without repetition, and without switching from one system to another.
Maybe there is an integration idea you have that would make your life easier? Let me know, and perhaps I can get it included in our upcoming release of YourVirtuoso